Aadhar card: There are so many countries in the world and every country has lots of people. In every country, citizens have their own identities. And identity cards are required to get the proper identity of every citizen in the country. With the help of identity cards, citizens got a different and unique identity of their own. Like the way, in America green cards are required to identify their citizen in Bangladesh National identity cards (NID-Card) is required to identify their citizen and in China Resident Identity Card are used to identify their citizen. As in India Aadhar card has been created for the identification of citizens.
What is Aadhar Card?
Aadhar Card is an identity card for the identification of citizens in India. And it is required of every citizen of India. Because with the help of this card every person gets their own identity in the country. The 12 digit numbers are provided by an aadhar card which has been issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). With the help of these 12 digits, the person got the complete information that was given by him at the time of creating the aadhar card.
For creating an Aadhar card the main information required is the person’s name, birth date, address, photo, and gender. Apart from this person’s eyes are also enabled and the fingerprint of the person’s hand fingers goes. By which no one can make fake Aadhar cards.
This aadhar card is very compulsory for every person in India. Because this identity card provides a separate identity to every person in the country. People can also add their mobile number to this card with these peoples got so many important facilities. Much more important information regarding identity cards is provided below.
Aadhar Card Full Overview 2021
UIDAI was established on 28 January 2009 by the Government of India. UIDAI’s data center has been set up at Industrial Model Township Manish Parmeshwar.It was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on 7 January 2013.The complete data of Aadhar is installed in at least more than 7000 servers in Bangalore and manesar. The first 12 numbers of the Aadhar card were given to Rajana Sonawane on 29 September 2010.
All citizens of India are given 12 numbers by the government so that they can be identified. All citizens can be identified by the Aadhar. And it is very important for all citizens in India to make an aadhar card. With the help of 12 digits provided by UIDAI (Aadhar Id Card), you can be identified in any corner of India. And making an Aadhar card is necessary for all citizens. Your name, your address, and your date of birth are kept inside the card.
You can also link your mobile number with an Aadhar card. And there should not be any fake Aadhar card made, no one should be copied here. Therefore, fingerprints and eye impressions are also taken in the Aadhar card. As per the record of UIDAI, if we talk about till 2020, so far at least 1.260 billion people have got their Aadhar card. To be an aware citizen and to get your identity now, you must have your Aadhar card.
Also read: Career Choice After 10th 2021 [Overview]
How to Get Aadhar Card No. from UIDAI?
Aadhar is the 12 number that is received by UIDAI from the Government of India. We need to do some necessary data verification to get a valid Aadhar number UIDAI. Obtaining an Aadhar card is totally free of cost by the government.
These are some of the steps through which we can get our aadhar card which are as below.
Step 1: Aadhar Enrolment Centre Near to My Location
If you are going to get an Aadhar card for yourself for any member of your family. So you need to register yourself at any Aadhar Enrollment Center. This service is completely free from UIDAI. And you can enroll yourself from any of your nearest enrollment centers. And you can also search your nearest enrollment center by visiting the official site of UIDAI By Giving the Information of your-
- State: Click Here to Search by State.
- Postal (PIN)Code: Click Here to Search by PIN Code.
- Search Box: Click Here to Search by Search Box.
After entering all this information, that website will automatically tell you to your nearest Enrollment Center.It will even give you information about whether the center is permanent or temporary. And in the last 30 days, how many enrollments were done there and then updated.
Step 2: How to Enroll Yourself for Aadhar Number
Once you find your Enrollment Center, you go there with the required documents. Those documents are-
For Identity Proof: Documents for which you can take your PAN Card, Passport Voter ID Card, Driving License. And can carry the mark sheet of 10th. If you are not 18+ you can also carry the identity card written by the school bearing the signature of the headmaster.
For Address Proof: you can take water, electricity, or any bill which contains your address and name of family’s head or you can also take your bank passbook, pan card, or passport.
And if you do not have any of these documents, then you can also use the documents of your head of the family.
If you have any problem with any of these things, they can also get information from in charge of that enrollment center.
Step 3: How to Get Enrollment Number 2021
When you reach the Enrollment Aadhar center with your necessary documents, after that there you will see an Introducer which is pointed by the aadhar Enrollment Center itself. He gives you a form to fill and you have to fill that form with required personal details.
- After that, the Introducer will collect all your required information like your Name, Date of birth, address, and mobile number. which is given in documents provided by you. You can also provide your email address but that is optional.
- After that, the Introducer will take your biometric information in which he will take your photo and fingerprint of all 10 fingers and also scan your eyes.
- For children below the age of 5 years or less, parent’s or guardian’s name, aadhar, and biometrics are used.
- After this process, he will show you all the information provided by you. If you have any problem or mistake in it then you can let them know. He’ll fix it right away.
After that, he will give you the acknowledgment slip in which your enrollment number will be written and other details.
Step 4: How to Get Aadhar Number from Enrollment Number
You can get an electronic copy of your Aadhar card through your Enrollment ID that was given to you at the time of document verification and biometrics. You can download the electronic copy of your Aadhar card by visiting the official website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in/) of Aadhar. For that, you will have to go to the official site of Aadhar,
- There you will get the option Download an Electronic Copy of your Aadhar card.
- After clicking there, now you can get your Aadhar card after captcha verification and entering your enrollment ID.
- Your aadhar card will download in PDF form which is password protected.
- And the password of that pdf is the Combination of the first 4 letters of the name in CAPITAL and the year of birth (YYYY) as password.
Some Examples of Aadhar Card PDF Passwords.
|Examples||Name||Year Of Birth||Password|
|Example 1||ASHISH INGLE||2001||ASHI2001|
|Example 2||SAKSHI TAMRE||1998||SAKS1998|
|Example 3||PRI SONI||1995||PRIS1995|
|Example 4||S. SHARMA||1999||S.SH1999|
If you have lost your Aadhar card due to any reason, then you can also request to reprint your Aadhar card for that and after that, you can get your new Aadhar card with a charge of ₹50 including all GST and posting charge. For that, you have to use “Aadhar reprint service”.
Benefits of Aadhar Card 2021
It is very important for all of us to know the Aadhar card and its benefits. Aadhar Card is a very useful and important card in today’s time. With the help of the Aadhar card, much of our work gets done well in less time. Some benefits of an aadhar card are given below –
- Bank: In order to create an account in the bank, you must have an Aadhar card, which with the help of an Aadhar card, you can easily open your account in any bank in India. Aadhar card proves to be very helpful for verification of your address at the time of opening the account in the bank.
- Gas Subsidy: If you want to get a subsidy on your gas or want to transfer your subsidy to your bank account, then that your Aadhar card should be linked with the bank.
- Passport: The Government of India has made the Aadhar card mandatory for getting a passport. If you want to apply for a passport online, then it is very important for you to have your aadhar number with you because with the help of an aadhar number your address and other information are verified, and within a few days, your passport will come to your house with a post.
- Government Schemes: If your Aadhar card is linked to your bank account, then with the help of it you will get access to many schemes provided by the government.
- Identity Card: Aadhar card is valid in any corner of India and with the help of which you can prove your identity very easily anywhere.
- Verification Doc: You can use an Aadhar card anywhere as a document for document verification of your Name, DOB, Address Proof.
Importance of Aadhar Card
Some of the major importance of aadhar card are given as below:-
- Digital Locker has been launched by the Government of India for all the citizens, inside which they can keep all their personal documents very carefully on the government’s server. And to sign up for the digital locker process, it is required for the citizen to have a 12 digit Aadhar card number.
- Linking Aadhar card UIDAI number with Voter ID card is mandatory under a scheme started from 9th March 2015. This step was taken to avoid fake votes. Once your Aadhar card is linked with your Voter ID card then you cannot create multiple Voter ID cards and can’t do illegal use of them. And to link the Aadhar card with the Voter ID card. Voter ID cardholder should be necessary to be physically present there and provide aadhar card to polling booth officers.
- For all the pensioners who get pensions from selected states, it is mandatory for them to register their Aadhar card numbers with their respective departments to get their monthly pension. This action was taken to keep an eye on fraudulent incidents as beneficiaries requesting pensions which are fake ones.
- Aadhar card is accepted as an address proof by securities and exchange board of India for investing in stock markets.
How to Update Your Name, Address, Mobile Number [Online/Offline]
Once the Aadhar card number is created, and if you want to update something in it like address, mobile number, photo, and name, then it can be done very easily. There are 2 ways to update anything in an Aadhar card, these are online and offline.
Update Aadhar Offline Process:
- To update your Aadhar card offline. First, you visit any nearest Aadhar card center.
- And Carry any such document with you which you can give for verification. To update your name or your address in your Aadhar card, you can carry your PAN card, Driving License, ration card, and passport as a verified document.
- Along with all these, you must also carry a photocopy of your Aadhar card.
- The person in charge of the aadhar enrollment center will take your documents and scan them and after that, he will scan your iris and fingerprint and update your Aadhar card which will be done in 24 hours.
- To link the mobile number in your Aadhar card, carry the mobile number that you want to link in your Aadhar card and make sure that the mobile number you want to link with the aadhar card has connected to the good network.
- Along with these, you must also carry a photocopy of your Aadhar card.
- After that, the introducer sitting there will send an OTP on your mobile number which you want to link with your Aadhar card and you will have to tell that OTP to that Introducer.
- After that, he will scan your iris and print your fingerprint for this confirmation and after all this process is done, your mobile will be linked to your Aadhar Card within 24 hours.
Update Aadhar Online Process:
Name & Address: You can also change or update your Name and Address on your Aadhar card online.
- For that, you have to go to the official website https://www.uidai.gov.in/ of Aadhar card
- and log in there by entering your 12digit Aadhar card number.
- After that fill in the information given there.
- And submit your documents there in which your name and address are written correctly.
- After that OTP will come on the number registered by you.
After which you will get your Aadhar card in updated Address or name within 24 hours.
Mobile Number: You can link your number in your Aadhar card from your mobile from the comfort of your home.
- First, call on 14546 your number. After that select where you are from India.
- After that enter your 12 digit Aadhar card number there and after confirming press one again.
- After that, you will get OTP on your registered number.
- After that, it will take some information from you in which you can check your name, photo, and date of birth.
- And your IVR will be the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- And if all this is correct then you enter your OTP.
- And after all this process is done press 1 on your keypad again.
Through this you can get your mobile number updated online.
How to Download Aadhar Card Online Using Aadhar Number
The process of downloading a soft copy of aadhar card through aadhar number is quite easy. It can be done by some easy steps which are given below-
- Step1:- Firstly visit the official website of UIDAI on your device.
- Step2:- After that click on “Download Aadhar” inside it.
- Step3:- After that, it will want to ask you whether you have to get your Aadhar card through Aadhar Number, Enrollment ID, or Virtual ID.
- Step4:- After that, you have to click on the Aadhar number.
- Step5:- After that, you can enter the 12 digits of your Aadhar number there.
- Step6:- After that, you complete the captcha verification process there.
- Step7:- If you want your masked Aadhar card then there is an option for “I Want Masked Aadhar?”
- Step8:-After clicking there you can get your masked Aadhar which means the numbers written in your Aadhar card are hidden.
- Step9:- After that, you click on Send OTP, and OTP will come on the number which is linked to your aadhar card.
- Step10:- After completing this process your soft copy of the aadhar card will download.
If you facing any kind of Problem to Download the E-Aadhar Card. Watch the below video to solve your issues.
Download Aadhar Card Step By Step Video
FAQ of Aadhar Card [UIDAI]
There are some random questions asked by people about aadhar card.
What is the password of e-aadhar?
The password of e-aadhar is the first three letters of the name written in all capital and birth son of the owner whose aadhar card was that.
What is masked aadhar?
masked aadhar is aadhar in which your 12 digit aadhar number is hidden.
Where can a person update their aadhar card?
peoples can update their aadhar card to visit any permanent aadhar center or through online medium too.
Can two aadhar cards be made with the same identity?
No, because once your data is updated in the UIDAI aadhar server you can’t create another card with the same identity, and to prevent fraudsters person’s fingerprint of all 10 fingers and scanning of iris will also be taken.
How many digits are there in the aadhar number?
There is a total of 12 digits in the aadhar number which is provided by the UIDAI aadhar center.
Is aadhar card applicable in any state of India?
Yes, an aadhar card is applicable in any state of India, and through your aadhar card, you can prove your identity anywhere in India.