If we talk about tax payment in India, then it is very important for the person to have a Permanent Account Number(PAN) from the beginning. Cardholders can also use their PAN card as a proof of identity and can use it for many financial transactions in the business world as well as in work personal life. Each Permanent Account Number is assigned and the PAN card issued is valid for life. Those who accidentally lose it do not need to apply for a new PAN. However, you can request a duplicate PAN card from the Income Tax Department.
If the cardholder has lost his/her card, then he/she can apply for a new card there and the duplicate card is nothing but a copy of the old card, the cardholder can apply for a duplicate card by visiting the official website https://nsdl.co.in/ of TIN-NSDL.
Download Duplicate PAN Card Using Aadhar Card
NSDL provides the facility to the applicants to generate duplicate PAN cards even using their Aadhar card.
Steps to make a duplicate PAN card with the help of an Aadhar card are as follows.
- Step1- Visit the NSDL Official Website of the Income Tax Department.
- Step2- Select the option of reprint PAN.
- Step3- Fill the information asked in the form such as PAN Aadhaar number of the applicant and date of birth and GSTIN number that is optional.
- Step4- Check the box in which the terms and conditions are declared.
- Step5- Enter the captcha code in the specified field.
- Step6- After entering the captcha code, click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Step7- After that a new page will appear on your screen in which all the details of your pan card will be dropped.
- Step8- Scroll down and then select to receive otp with either email id or mobile number or both.
- Step9- Click on ‘Generator OTP’.
- Step10- After entering the OTP which has come on the mobile number or email id of the applicant, click on the ‘validate’ button.
- Step11- Your request for a reprint PAN card will be submitted to the NSDL department.
Download Duplicate PAN Card Using Acknowledgement Number
NSDL provides the facility to the applicants to generate duplicate PAN cards even using their acknowledgment.
Steps to make a duplicate PAN card with the help of an Acknowledgement slip are as follows
- Step1- Visit the official website (https://nsdl.co.in/) of NSDL e-Gov.
- Step2- In the options of Application Type, there will be an option ‘Changes and Correction in Existing PAN Card/ Reprint of PAN Card’ Select it.
- Step3- Go to the category and select whichever category from which you made your PAN card.
- Step4- Enter your name, date of birth, email address and mobile number there.
- Step5- Then enter the capture there and click on the ‘submit‘ button.
- Step6- Click on the button given below and after that the token number will be generated and sent on the email id provided by you for your request which you have given to reprint your PAN card.
- Step7- After that a new page will appear on your screen in which you have to submit your PAN
- Step8- Out of the three options given there, you have to select the first option which is ‘submit Digitally Through E-KYC and e-sign (Paperless) option.
- Step9- You have to enter your details which are asked there like your contact details etc.
- Step10- After that you have to give your area code, AO type and other information there.
- Step11- You do not need to attach your documents there as the form will automatically capture all the details from the Aadhaar card you have given. After that tap on Mark the Declaration.
- Step12- After that if there is any mistake or error while filling your form then it will automatically appear on your screen and if there i11s no change coming then you can click on the proceed button.
- Step13 –After that it will take you to the middle of the Direct Payment section where you will make your payment and for payment options you can use any demand draft/ net banking /debit or credit card.
- Step14- Once the payment is successful, you will get an acknowledgment form which will have a 15 digit acknowledgment number and through that acknowledgment number you can track the status of your PAN card.